Ice Cream Social (Distancing) promotion was a big success for Belfonte Dairy
Belfonte wanted to energize their brand with a light-hearted and fun contest for Kansas City consumers during the challenging Coronavirus pandemic and the associated social distancing requirements.
- Create clear differentiation for this legacy brand by developing light-hearted and fun contest for Belfonte consumers during COVID-19 pandemic and social distancing requirements
- Crowdsource to gain insights for new ice cream flavor
- Grow current consumer email database
- Improve social media engagement and grow fans followers
- Develop significant engagement during the promotional period
We used a mix of digital, radio, social, and email to drive consumers to a promotional landing page to share their ice cream flavor ideas via an entry form. From the entries, Belfonte chose random winners every Monday in June. Belfonte personally delivered the weekly ice cream prize packs to one lucky winner and their friend to enjoy together from a distance. The ice cream kits included everything needed to create the ultimate ice cream sundae, as well as coupons for free Belfonte Ice Cream. One grand prize winner was chosen at the end of the promotion to receive an ice cream kit plus a Ninja Blender and a year’s supply of free Belfonte Ice Cream, as well as the chance for their ice cream flavor to be Belfonte’s newest creation!
The Ice Cream Social (Distancing) promotion was a big success for Belfonte. They received over 1,300 entries with ideas for new ice cream flavors that also included some great feedback on their existing flavor lineup. The conversion rate was over 32%, which is almost unheard of. We also helped grow their email database by over 143%. Not only did Belfonte receive great results, but consumers enjoyed the chance to share ice cream with their loved ones in a unique way.